Hello Transfer Students!
Did you know that UMD has a Bachelor of Social Work degree? The program started at UMD in Fall 2014 and is a growing field of study.
The Bachelor of Social Work degree is a preliminary online program that is offered online via seven face-to-face/in-class meetings throughout the semester.
Why pursue a degree in social work?
Social work is a value-based profession for those who have a strong desire to make a difference in people’s lives. Social workers help individuals and families to find solutions to life’s challenges, bring communities together, and advance policy changes that promote human well-being. A career in social work is for people with a passion for advocacy and social justice. They also conduct research and are involved in administration. Social workers inspire hope that will empower others.
So, why UMD’s Social Work program?
- We prepare you to practice social work in our community and beyond.
- We prepare you for graduate school.
- We support you while you’re in our program and beyond.
- We offer convenience without losing personal connection.
- We offer a dedicated faculty and smaller program size.
- We provide opportunities for students interested in child welfare.
- We are part of a larger Community.
Interested in learning more?